Monteverde is home for 500 of Costa Rica’s over 900 bird species.
This makes it an ideal destination for all bird enthusiasts.
The Wildlife Refuge offers birding tours where one can observe the following: bellbirds, resplendent quetzals, emerald toucanets, keel billed toucans, black guans, manakins, orange-bellied trogons, and more.
Dare yourself to fly with us througout a birder’s dream world.
Adults $90 each one
Children aged 5 to 12 years $40 each one
Costa Rica resident $70 each one
We offer free parking
- We allow a maximum of 6 people per group with the intention of making the groups manageable and offer a more personalized experience.
- If your family or group is larger, we can accomodate to your preferences.
-Guides Certified by the National Institute if Tourism
- Spotting scopes for a better quality experience
If you do choose this tour, please understand it begins very early; between 6am and 6:30am. This is the best time to observe avifauna as it is when they are most active. We recommend you bring a water bottle, snacks, or an energy drink to recover energy. If you have your own binoculars, please bring them…Also, just a reminder that the naturalist guide also will have a spotting scope for observation and to take photos when possible.
What does the tour include?
The tour includes
– Entrance fee
– Guided tour
What you should bring?
Comfortable Hiking Shoes
- How to book: You can book the activity through different channels, including the official website, WhatsApp, telephone, mail and some local hotels that sell the tour directly.
- External channels: There are other channels, such as Tripadvisor, viator, getyourguide and other internet media, that manage their own reservations, but the company is only responsible for reservations made through their official channels.
- Reservation recommendation: During the months of December to April, it is suggested to book at least one day in advance due to high demand and limited capacity per schedule.
- Weather conditions: During the months of September and October, there are frequent rains and thunderstorms. However, the company offers flexible cancellation policies for tours affected by weather conditions.
- Transportation: Transportation is included in the regular night walking tour and also in private tours starting at 6 or 8 p.m. Clients should check if their accommodations include transportation or if an additional fee is required.
- Secure vehicle park: There is a large, secure park for clients arriving in their own vehicle, at no additional cost.
- Monteverde Refuge: The place is a natural wildlife reserve, where wildlife is observed in its natural state. It is not a zoo or a place with captive or trained animals.