Natural History Tour
Enjoy the mornings
This tour has been designed exclusively for the bird lovers. Monteverde is well known for being a destination with an incredible biodiversity of both flora and fauna in which birds are a whole world of its own. Approximately 400 species move around the Monteverde mountains filling its forests with the most beautiful colors and sounds. Dare to discover, admire, listen, learn and photograph beautiful birds like the Resplendent Quetzal, the Bellbird, Toucans, Manakins, Hummingbirds and many more.
Adults $40 each one
Children aged 5 to 12 years $30 each one
Costa Rica resident $35 each one
We offer free parking
Regular Tours: 8:00am and 10:00am
- We allow a maximum of 6 people per group with the intention of making the groups manageable and offer a more personalized experience.
- If your family or group is larger, we can accomodate to your preferences.
-Guides Certified by the National Institute if Tourism
- Spotting scopes for a better quality experience
What does the tour include?
The tour includes
– Entrance fee
– Guided tour
What you should bring?
– Closed shoes
– Comfortable clothing
– Binoculars (optional)
– Camera (optional)
Comfortable Hiking Shoes
- How to book: You can book the activity through different channels, including the official website, WhatsApp, telephone, mail and some local hotels that sell the tour directly.
- External channels: There are other channels, such as Tripadvisor, viator, getyourguide and other internet media, that manage their own reservations, but the company is only responsible for reservations made through their official channels.
- Reservation recommendation: During the months of December to April, it is suggested to book at least one day in advance due to high demand and limited capacity per schedule.
- Weather conditions: During the months of September and October, there are frequent rains and thunderstorms. However, the company offers flexible cancellation policies for tours affected by weather conditions.
- Transportation: Transportation is included in the regular night walking tour and also in private tours starting at 6 or 8 p.m. Clients should check if their accommodations include transportation or if an additional fee is required.
- Secure vehicle park: There is a large, secure park for clients arriving in their own vehicle, at no additional cost.
- Monteverde Refuge: The place is a natural wildlife reserve, where wildlife is observed in its natural state. It is not a zoo or a place with captive or trained animals.